Pronouns
Pronouns deliver a small subcategory of nouns. The distinctive feature of pronouns is that they can be replaced for other nouns. For example, when I tell a story about my sister Riddhi, the story will start to seem repetitious if I continue repeating “Riddhi” regularly.
- Riddhi has perpetually relished fashion. Riddhi declared that Riddhi aspires to go to a fashion academy.
I could try to combine it up by sometimes referring to Riddhi as “my sister,” but then it appears like I am pointing to two separate people.
- Riddhi has perpetually relished fashion. My sister announced that Riddhi aspires to go to a fashion academy.
Instead, I can apply the pronouns SHE and HER to refer to Riddhi.
- Riddhi has perpetually relished fashion. She declared that she aspires to go to a fashion academy.
Individual/personal Pronouns
There are various kinds of pronouns, and some pronouns refer to more further than one category. She and her are associated as Individual/personal pronouns. The different personal pronouns are I and me, you, he, him, we, and them.
Antecedents
Pronouns are versatile. The pronoun can connect to anything: a car, a plant, a film, a feeling. That’s why we need an antecedent. An antecedent is a noun or a noun phrase that we state at the start of an order or story and later reinstate with a pronoun.
Example;
- My relative drives me nuts, but I like them.
- The mark was too faraway for Joe to see it.
- Pooja said she is nearly completed with the employment.
In some cases, the antecedent doesn’t require to be defined explicitly, as long as the circumstances are apparent. It usually’s explicit who the pronouns I, me, and you refer to based on who is speaking.
It’s also plausible to use a pronoun before introducing the antecedent, but try to dodge it in large or elaborate sentences because it can make the sentence difficult to follow.
- I admire them, but my family drives me nuts.
Relative Pronouns
Relative pronouns proceed up another class of pronouns. They are used to compare relative requirements to independent clauses. Usually, they offer extra information about something specified in the sentence.
Relative pronouns incorporate that, what, which, who, and whom. Traditionally, who belongs to people, and which and that relate to animals or things.
- The girl who asked first didn’t leave a message.
- All the puppies that became adopted today will be loved.
- My vehicle, which is almost thirty years old, yet works fine.
Whether we require commas among who, which, and that depends on whether the clause is restrictive or nonrestrictive.
Interrogative pronouns
Those which include a question. Examples: who, whom, whose, what, which. We can regularly know an interrogative pronoun because they often arrive at the start of a question.
- Who will come to the dinner?
- Which do you want?
- What do you require?
- Whose things are on the ground?
- Whom did you speak?
Whom and who are usually confused, and also local preachers will misuse them. Who will substitute the subject of a sentence, whereas whom will substitute the direct or indirect object.
Reciprocal pronouns
Those are showing joint activities or relationship, i.e. one another.
There are only two reciprocal pronouns in English: Another and each other. They are chiefly related to prevent additional redundancy in a sentence and strengthen the idea that collective and reciprocal actions are happening to more than one person or thing.
- Priya and Mariya gave each other gifts.
- The boxers struck each other
- The couple belief one another intensely.
Intensive pronouns
Those are settling in –self or –selves, and that assist in highlighting their forerunners.
- I will do it myself.
- We bake this cake ourselves.
- A nation speaks for itself in polls.



Comments
Post a Comment